How to Conceive a Boy
Some couples long to have a baby of their own. A good number of them want a specific gender. It is indeed common for both the mother and the father to almost do anything to conceive a boy. There was a study that was conducted in the 1960 by Landrum Shettles which showed that a person can actually influence the chances of if they will have a boy or a girl. Even though the study indicates the ways to employ how to conceive a boy, it doesn’t claim that the methods are foolproof. However, based on the same research, if the tips advised by Shettles method are followed up to 100% then the likelihood of getting a boy increases by up to 75%. There are many debates in the medical circles with regard just how a person can influence the gender of their child.
Here are some of the important tips that a person will need to read and understand so as to see how possible it is to influence the gender of their child especially if they want a boy;
Tips On How to Conceive a Boy
1. Shettles concept is based on the physical qualities of the different types of sperms. The first thing is to know that male sperm is identified as Y and the girl sperm as X.
2. The Y sperms are not as resilient as the X sperms. However, the Y sperms are fast and energetic but their strength doesn’t last for long as the X sperms. There is a debate in medical field that the Y sperm cannot fertilize after 24 hours while the X one will do so even on the fourth or even fifth day.
3. A couple should employ the best penetration positions that will allow them to get a boy. Since the Y chromosome is weak but swims faster, it is advised that the position like rear penetration helps in the sperms getting deposited near the cervical area. This then means that the Y sperm will have the better chance of reaching the ova first.
4. When looking on to how to conceive a boy, it is good for the woman to reach the full satisfaction. When an orgasm is reached a substance is released which is alkaline. The Y sperm will find favorable in alkaline state rather than an acidic state.
5. After having known this, a person is advised to try to concieve the baby not earlier than 24 hours before ovulation starts. The same benefits of having increased the chances of getting a boy if a couple has intercourse not later than 12 hours after ovulation. The determination of the hours is best determined when a person uses an ovulation chart. The chart is made more real if a person uses the following tips;
A woman should chart the cervical mucus so as to know the right time is the best time for intercourse. As ovulation nears, the cervical mucus becomes watery and is easy to flow. In learning on how to conceive a boy, a person should bear in mind that the Y sperm will find it easier to swim in less mucous environment. In order to achieve this ideal goal, a person is advised based on Shettles study that they prepare the chart at least a month before the day of conceiving.
Preparing a Basal Body Temperature chart is also advised. At the onset of ovulation a person’s temperatures will shoot up.
A woman’s body releases luteinizing hormone (LH) just before ovulation starts. Almost every other pharmacy sells a kit that will help one test their LH level. It is advised that a person tests twice every day.
While getting a child and determining its gender is all about intercourse, there are various other things that a couple can do which could help and increase their chances of having a boy. The following are some of the things that a couple should do when wanting to get their chances high on how to conceive a boy.
Most preconception diets claim that there are foods that a person can eat and which will help in creating a better environment for the Y or the X sperm. One of the foods that a woman should avoid are those that will create an acidic environment around the vagina. Some of the foods to take when looking forward to conceiving a boy include mushrooms peas, red meat, eggs and zucchini and so on.
The man should take in caffeinated foods and beverages just before intercourse. This helps in boosting the energy levels of the body and consequently the Y sperm.
The man should also be wearing boxers and not tight briefs. The reason for this is to encourage sperm count which increases the chances of getting a boy. When looking into how to conceive a boy, it is important to note that there is no fool proof method to use.
The answer to age old question of “How to Conceive a Boy” might not be as easy and straightforward as someone might expect but the above mentioned methods may help improve the chance noticeably.